Tektronix Phaser 450
Dye-Sublimation Color Printer
Building 36, Room 2A03
The Phaser 450 produces photographic-quality glossy prints of continuous
tone images for posters and publications but at a much greater cost (about
$2.50/page) compared to the Phaser 340.
Macintosh Users: Installing the Dyesub2 Printer
- Copy the Phaser 450 printer description, available from Joe
Public:Extensions:Printer Descriptions:tkp450p1.ppd, into Your Hard
Drive:System Folder:Extensions:Printer Descriptions.
- From the Chooser, select LaserWriter 8, AppleTalk Zone "NINDS
36", and printer "RSB 2A03 Dyesub2", then "Setup" or "Create".
- Remember to "un-select" the Phaser 450 after you print your job.
Windows 95 and NT Users: Installing the Dyesub2 Printer
Use the Add Printer wizard to install a network printer at
\\Rsbnt\Dyesub2. Do not print the test page!
Important Printing Tips
- Don't us the Dyesub2 printer for charts, graphs, and text. Use the
Phaser 340 instead.
- Print draft copies on a laser printer or the Phaser 340 color printer.
- The maximum image size (in inches) is 8.1 x 10.8.
- A Photoshop plug-in is available for faster printing.
For more information: see Steve Ono (36/2A03, phone 5-4530).
[RSB Home Page]